Workflow Load and Deploy issues

Badge +8

Hi there.  Does anyone else have an issue with the workflow tool in 5.2 opening up an existing workflow and/or deploying a workflow?  They're kind of related.

Most times (more often than not) when I open an existing workflow that's been deployed to make a change to it, it'll load up until 80% then stop.  Most times, I have to then click the X at the top of the screen, and try again.  

SOMETIMES it'll hit 80% and pause for a few seconds, and then finish loading and there will be a message on the side of the screen something to the effect of "synching offline changes".

But, usually, I will have to go back to the Designer main screen, click the workflow, and DELETE it (per advice from K2 tech support) which will then delete the icon momentarily and bring it back.  

At that point, I can usually open the workflow, but the "DEPLOY" button is greyed out, as well as the "CLOSE" button under 'FILE" so, I click the X at the top of the screen again, try to get back into the workflow...it may or may not be still greyed out...

Finally, after several tries, usually having to delete the workflow a time or two again, I can get into the workflow with the "DEPLOY" button available. 

Any thoughts on this?  Is this unique to me?  I suspect it's a known issue with K2, because the tech support person gave me the advice to delete the workflow when this happens...but maybe is it fixed in a fixpack?  

I'm on prem 5.2 

5 replies

Hi Rober_Nicholas,

Kindly check out the link below , seems like it describes the issue that you have encountered wherein 

the workflow load up until 80% and stop there

https://help.k2.com/support-services/kbs100264

Should you feel that this post is of use and or an accurate solution to the raised question, I kindly encourage you to mark it as such
using the 'Mark as Solution', 'Kudo' andor ‘Me Too’ options.

Cheers,
Kate

K2 will not accept any liability for any issues arising from actions taken in respect of the information provided by any forum member.

Badge +8

No, that's not a solution.  

As I specificy in my post, I'm aware of the deleting the workflow resolution, but in addition to it stopping at 80%, most of the time after I delete the workflow and then re-open it, the DEPLOY button is greyed out, and I end up having to open/close/delete the workflow multiple times to get it to open up, synch offline changes, and show the deploy button properly.  

As we're aware this issue can be caused by not closing the workflow properly, my team and I are VERY cognizant and aware of the necessity of not closing the browser window on a workflow and ONLY using the "CLOSE" menu button to close the workflow (when it's not greyed out along with the deploy button) but this is an issue we encounter almost daily when we try to edit workflows.

Userlevel 2
Badge +9

Hi, Robert,

May I ask what Cumulative Update and/or Fix Pack you have installed? I will verify what fixes related to the Workflow Designer have been incorporated in subsequent fix packs, and see if that can help you.

Thanks, and regards,

Gail

Badge +8

Here's our latest updates:

ID UpdateName TFSNumber TicketNumber VersionOfK2Patched DateImplemented LogFile
10 K2 Five (5.2) May 2019 CU Fixpack 07 Unknown Unknown VMSLCK2P01: K2 Five (5.2) May 2019 Cumulative Update 8/16/20*personal details removed*:55:52 PM
11 K2 Five (5.2) May 2019 CU Fixpack 07 Unknown Unknown VMSLCK2P02: K2 Five (5.2) May 2019 Cumulative Update 8/16/20*personal details removed*:57:59 PM

Userlevel 2
Badge +9

Robert,

Thank you for that. The latest update for 5.2 is K2 Five (5.2) May 2019 CU FP40. I looked through the list of included fixes between FP07 and FP40. None of them specifically refer to workflows only loading to 80%. However, I know we've done quite a bit of work to reduce the likelihood of that happening. I'm reluctant to tell you updating will resolve the issue, but I believe it is likely to help.

The other recommendation I would make is the next time it happens (assuming you have time), to please log a support ticket. K2 Support can help you extract the JSON of the workflow definition, and can then provide that to the Sustained Engineering team. Our teams are continually looking for ways to improve our products, and examples of issues such as this make that significantly easier to do. 

I am sorry that you have encountered these issues. We are definitely still investing in making this as easy for you as possible.

Thanks, and regards,

Gail