Workflow-Destination as SQL Query not worked

• 4 September 2018
  • 6 replies

Badge +3

Hi everyone

We have a workflow that should address different admin groups depending on their responsibilities.
The groups are assembled dynamically using an SQL query. The determination of the groups is correct and returns the FQN correctly from the users.
The SQL query was implemented as SMO and specified as reference value.
Unfortunately, K2 now uses all returned values together, i.e. if there are 3 users in it, these 3 will be read, but all of them will be given to each other as destination. That won't work, of course.
How do I get K2 to read and treat these 3 entries separately?

I have attached the workflow task and the SMO result as a hint.

Thanks for our Ideas

Stef

16754i0C9024BE2FFF5F33.jpg
14202iC93E88EB78E0FDD3.jpg

6 replies

Hi Stef,

Please following the link based on Destination Rule (K2 4.7).

You can also see related KB article: Destination Rule In K2 Five

I hope this solves your issue.

Thanks

Kind Regards

Luyanda

Please Note: K2 will not accept any liability for any issues arising from actions taken in respect of the information provided by any forum member.

Badge +3

Hi Sello

Hi Sello

Thanks for your feedback. We have installed K2 Five Fixpack 16, so this error should already be fixed, right? We also have no role-based recipient assignment but read the recipients using the SQL script.
This assignment works except that all names are returned in a string instead of separating them.
Now I have changed the receivers so that they are considered as a group, maybe K2 makes a difference.
Otherwise I don't know how to separate the receivers from each other.

Stef81

Userlevel 4
Badge +13

Hi Stef81,

May I know the purpose of creating a reference for your SmartObject instead of assigning it directly?

In the Task step, you can configure the Recipient using the stored proc SmartObject e.g. Context browser > Your Stored Proc SmartObject > List > UserName field. In the Dropdown, select 'All items as a collection'.

This should work well for your scenario. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi Stef81,

Without going through loop process, you can use the Split function and join by semicolon (;) to accomplish this. The Reference step is still needed to determine which Admin group that you need to pull back.

Badge +3

Hi lkymberly
Thank you for your feedback and suggestions:
Answer to your question: SmartObject reads in advance the specific teams which should receive the task. Not always the same teams are affected to do something. Then I refer to this output.
Therefore I cannot fix the assignment.
Or do I misunderstand your question?
Unfortunately, it doesn't matter what kind of preparation and request I address to the SMO, I always get all values together as a string.

Badge +3

Hi Sello

Thanks for your feedback and suggestions:
The box "Resolve groups to individuals" is checked, I checked it at the first error.
I don't get the bug fixed, that makes me crazy.
I don't understand why K2 inserts the names together, even if they are in different rows in the SQL table.