Worflow with DocuSign - missing Recipient type

Hello,

I am new to K2 and I have a problem with creating workflow that uses DocuSign.  There is now option in Recipient Type dropdown menu. I cannot continue unless solve this problem. Can anyone help please?

Thanks

13864i31F2B5CED820A9AC.png

4 replies

Hello MarekKovalcik

Would you please double check that you have followed the considerations correctly as instructed e.g. registering DocuSign Service Instance and the Create Envelope step?

DocuSign - Add Recipient step: https://help.k2.com/onlinehelp/k2five/userguide/5.3/default.htm#k2-workflow-designer/use/Toolbox/DocuSign/AddRecipient/Add-Recipient.htm.

Best,

Sunrise

Badge +1

Hello,

Have you found a solution to your problem? I'm currently facing the same issue. 

Thank you,

Not yet:/

Badge +11

Based on my tests/experience once you set up integration you may see this drop down empty if, when creating DocuSign service instance, you specified wrong value for Account ID in your DocuSign service instance propertied. This field has no validation at all, but if you type in incorrect value there service instance will be created just fine, yet Recipient type drop down will be empty and DocuSign SmartObjects will be failing to work with "Object reference not set to an instance of an object" error.

Once again when creating DocuSign instance the following has to be specified:

REST API URL = Account's Base URI (from DocuSign admin page > Integrations > API and Keys)
Account ID = API Account ID (from DocuSign Admin > Integrations > API and Keys > API Account ID)
User Name = API Username of limited access user with K2 Permission Profile assigned (from DocuSign Admin > Users > User Properties > API Username)
Password = Password of limited access user with K2 Permission Profile assigned

So be sure to specify API Account ID value (from DocuSign admin page > Integrations > API and Keys) as your Account ID for DocuSign instance. You can get API Account ID here:

Using wrong value for Account ID will be causing empty  Recipient type drop down in K2 Designer and when executing Recipient SmartObject using Tester Tool or K2 Management it will be throwing "Object reference not set to an instance of an object" error as shown below:

If you didn't do it right when creating instance just edit it in K2 Management > Features.

IMPORTANT: Always use this UI to create/update docusign instance. Once you have it right Recepint Type drop-down will be filled in properly:

Hope this helps.