Using UMUser in ListView

Hello,

I'm trying to build a small listview which lists a number of users with their DisplayNames property amongst some other application specific values. So I run a Query on my database to get the usernames and some other data. My initial idea was to use a dropdownlist or a picker control in the display row to resolve the DisplayName from the Username. Unfortunatly I'm not able to get this to work because the UMUser SMO requires a label input property. I tried out several things to get the label writen into the method, but K2 seems to ignore this for the display row:

- dropdownlist that is beeing populated with data  before data is been loaded

- picker which is beeing populated with data when it is resolving

- tried to configure the picker in the SMO settings to use the label correctly in that menu, where we configure the datasource --> Not being accepted by K2. In the edit row I am able to configure this, but not in display row.

Does anybody has an idea?

Thanks

3 replies

Hello @AdrianLang1 

From my understanding these are some of the things you could look into listed below. If you could also provide more concise information on the issues you are facing, please do.

• "drop-down list that is being populated with data  before data is been loaded" - For this you can go into rules and changeedit the rule "When the Form is initializing". This will change your data to load when forms loads for example - You can set it to not load when the form first runs for example. 

• "picker which is being populated with data when it is resolving" - You can also do the same as mentioned above - Edit the form initializing rule to not load when form loads for example

• "tried to configure the picker in the SMO settings to use the label correctly in that menu, where we configure the datasource --> Not being accepted by K2. In the edit row I am able to configure this, but not in display row." - Try using a data label where you edit it's properties to reflect from a given data source. Also if you are using an external data source, make you to create a service instance and then create smartobjects from them.

I hope this information provides some assistance to the issues you are facing from my understanding. 

Kind Regards

Hi @VasanNaick

Thanks for your ideas. I wanted to point out with my examples, that I already tried out the common approaches to modify the loading procedure of our list view.

Nevertheless, I created a very small view and packaged it. The procedure to reproduce this is quite simple:

1. Create a ListView with a SMO of your choice as datasource. It should have a value like a Username or FQN.

2. Make the ListView editable and replace the control type of the username's column editrow to a picker. Set the datasource of that Picker to the SMO UMUser and use the Get Users method. You will need to specify a label there.

3. Change the datalabel in the displayrow to a picker and configure it to show you the display name of that FQN.

If you have time, try out the attached package. I really do not have any idea, how to use the UMUser SMO in a ListView to replace the Usernames by their more readable DisplayName property 😞

Badge +1
Hi Adrian, did you find a resolution? I have the same issue.