Use a Form Parameter in a Environment Field Type

Badge +5

Hello Community,

is it possible that I create a Environment Field Type with a reference to an Form Parameter that will always have the same name?

Scenario:

I want to create a Environment Field Type with a text e.g. "The following document name contains forbidden Characters: 'Parameter with Document Name from the form'"

Thank you in advance for your response.

Kind Regards,

Alex

2 replies

Good day A_Christ

This is indeed possible. See the steps below:

1. Open your Management.
2. Expand the Environment Library category and click on Devellopment or Production (Whichever is set to default).
3. Click on the "New" button.
4. Set the properties as shown in the screenshot below.

5. Click on the"OK" button and open up Designer

6. Add a label to the desired view.

7. on Form level, Navigate to the rules and add the "Set a View Control's properties" rule. Select the added contoll and click on configure.

8. In the context browser, Expand Environment Fields > Miscellaneous Field and locate the created environment field.

9. Drag this field over to the text property of the label.

10. The Result should look like this:

Hope this help. If this post awnser your question would you please mark it as a Solution or Kudo. this will show other users with the same issue that this post contain viable information. Thank You

Best Regards

Jacques.

Badge +5

Hello Jacques,

thank you for your answer. But this is not that what I want to reach.

Maybe my question was not clear enough.

I want that the Field Value craps information from a Parameter which is stored on a Form and Display those information.

"The following document name contains forbidden Characters: 'Parameter with Document Name from the form'"

The text 'Parameter with Document Name from the form' has to come from the Form.

The Miscellaneous Field have to become Dynamic depending on the Parameter Value or Label Value from the Form .

I hope it is clearer now.

Thank you in advance

Alex