Unattended install - License key

• 22 February 2019
  • 2 replies
  • 1 view

Badge +6

I know that K2 supports an unattended install mode where you first run the setup manager using a switch that saves all responses in an XML file and then can use that to run the install/update in unattended mode.

We would like to use this method in our cloud build & deployment infrastructure as code pipeline to build a repeatable, consistent environment. But how is the license key request handled? Each server would generate its own systemkey which I currently manually enter into the K2 licensing portal which sends a temporary license key in a few minutes and a permanent license key a few hours later.

Can this be autuomated to eliminate these manual/interactive steps? Does K2 provide an API to retrieve these license keys?

Any ideas appreciated. Thanks

2 replies

Good day VA1

See the link posted below to documentation.  I can urge you to work through all five points seen in the screenshot below. This will guide you to do an Unattended Install without having to enter the license key.

Link to the Document:

https://help.k2.com/onlinehelp/k2blackpearl/icg/4.7/default.htm#Install/Unattended.htm%3FTocPath%3DInstall%7CUnattended%2520Install%7C_____0

If you found this post to be useful and answer your question, Please remember to mark this as a solution or Kudo.

Kind Regards 

Jacques

Badge +6

I am not sure I understand. The help page says this. 

So how can I run the install without the license key?

To perform an unattended installation, you need the following:

• System Key
  • License Key
  • Prerequisites must be met
  • Unattended install generated XML File