Unable to deploy to a new environment - stored procedure SMOs are broken

I need to deploy our K2 solution to a new environment. This is the third environment in a chain and we routinely deploy to the first and second. When I deploy it using the Package and Deploy tool everything finishes successfully with all green checkmarks.

When I run our main form, there is no data in the dropdowns or fields. If I load it in the designer, I see a number of errors. When I look at the SMOs related to the designer errors, they seem corrupted. There are parameters missing or the SMO just looks broken. It seems random. Not all stored procedures have this issue.

If I regenerate the SMO from the stored proc, the new SMO looks fine and has the same GUID as the old SMO, but the K2 form doesn't remap properly. I can manually map them and get it to work but that isn't sustainable. I need to be able to deploy to this environment.

If anyone has any ideas of what I can try I'd appreciate it. I think my next step will be to manually fix the errors once to get a clean environment, and then try to redeploy one more time.

3 replies

Badge +10

That is a little weird.

Something to try in P&D is when you deploy  those forms and Smartobjects that are having problems to manually choose to Create New Versions even if the P&D lists them as identical.

Also double check that not only the Service Instance GUIDs (related to those problem smartobjects) are identical across the enviornments but also the service instance names as well.

Hope that helps.

Tim

Thanks Tim for those suggestions. I figured out my issue but I'm glad to know about those options.

Solution to my problem: I found out that in this environment we had a flag set incorrectly in the service instance configuration. The flag "Use parameters for stored procedures" should be set to true in our case.

Badge +10

Glad you figured it out and thanks for sharing the solutions.

Tim