• 17 October 2018
  • 4 replies

Badge

Hi all, 

I have a textbox control with the following configuration:

Datatype:Decimal

Style: Language English (US) 

16349iF091C6BCCC2F83CF.jpg

Does anybody know a solution for this issue?.

Thank in advance.

icon

Best answer by RaymondJVR 7 November 2018, 12:02

View original

4 replies

HI AVI,

What expect behavior for you? Do you want to make comma for separate number? if yes, you just check 'use 1000 separator' option for make it.

I tested on my end when inpit 12,45 to textbox it change to 1,245.00, So this is expect behavior.
Badge

Hi Macky,

I expect no change the value enter by the user.

The configuration of the control is uncheck  '1000 separator' (see image).

Simply, K2 form removes the comma character.  if I enter 12,45, I can explain the value 12450 because comma is the separator, but I cannot explain 1245, the real value stores by k2.

Regards and thanks.

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

You can perhaps change the data type to a string and instead use a pattern validator to tell the user that they didn't enter a valid number in the scenario you've described

Userlevel 4
Badge +13

Good Day AVI

You merely need to turn off the formatting to allow the value entered to format to its default data type (decimal).

Please follow these steps:

1) Select the control

2) Navigate to its styling properties and edit the styling

3) select the "None" option in the styling

4) Test again.

*Note: Using a comma (,) as the decimal seperator might fail on default control validation (Invalid decimal value entered) in which case you need to use a period (.) instead of a comma

Should you feel that this post is of use and or an accurate solution to the raised question, I kindly encourage you to mark it as such using the 'Mark as Solution', 'Kudo' andor ‘Me Too’ options.

Kind Regards

Raymond