Solved

Task results - Configuring a voting scenario for every response

• 22 March 2019
  • 5 replies

Badge +7

Hi

I have a a number of different groups based on the work that will contain a number of different Office 365 groups that is being resolved and each user is receiving a task this group . I need the task to move past the

decision and execute a SMO call 13443i5B31C625EAF2DF48.jpgfor every user and not have to wait for the others to respond. 

How can I setup a custom task result that does not wait for all responses but moves on and executes that next step in the workflow

Help Please!! 

icon

Best answer by k2eric 26 March 2019, 19:08

View original

5 replies

Hello,

I think our best bet will be to either use First Response with multiple tasks, or use custom voting rules to look at each task group and determine if one of the users actioned it. Please see the documentation below.

https://help.k2.com/onlinehelp/k2cloud/userguide/update_7/default.htm#k2-workflow-designer/use/toolbox/basic/task/tasktabs/05taskresultrule/task-result-rule-tab.htm

https://help.k2.com/onlinehelp/k2cloud/userguide/update_7/default.htm#k2-workflow-designer/use/toolbox/basic/task/tasktabs/05taskresultrule/rulescenarios/03/custom-voting-rule.htm

Badge +7
The end result is actually quite easy, the user clicks a read button and it should write in a table that they have read the document. That all works but my problem is that originator will send out the task to group, which as I said before can be between 2 and 200 users, if I use first response it ends the task if I use a custom response I can’t get around the if clause every response. It just needs to read the action and move on, actually quite simple if I could use my own logic
Badge +8

If I am understanding correctly you want a whole bunch of parallel tasks to be assigned that are independent of each other.  The additinoal steps in your workflow should execute for each user that completes the task rather than collating the responses and having a single thread move on from the task step. If that is your intent then the approach I would recommend is to use the For Each functionality of the Sub Workflow step. What you would do is have a small workflow that contains the task step and the logic around marking the read / un-read and then in a parent workflow you have the sub workflow step that will create an instance of that task sub workflow for each of the users in the group. The user context can be passed to the sub worflow to use in the task recipient rule. Once all the individual sub workflow instances are completed the parent workflow can move on and do any additional processing. Here are some screenshots of the setup.

I hope this helps.

Badge +7

Hi

just a quick question regarding the call for the subworkflow, I am not seeing the single /multi picture that you are showing, I am on K2 5.1 is this in a newer version?

Badge +8

Yes, the Sub Workflow For Each feature shipped in K2 Cloud Update 5 which then rolled into K2 Five 5.2.