System.Net.WebException: The operation has timed out

• 2 August 2020
  • 2 replies

Dear all,

My name is Adhitya and I'm new in this K2 Five.

I desperately need some guidances, advices, or suggestions about the K2 issue implemented in the company I worked for.

I'm currently experience issue cannot open or access the K2 SmartForms, it keeps loading and finally timeout.

This also happens when opening the K2 Management as well as K2 Designer, so basicallay the K2 is completely inaccessible.

When I check the event viewer, I got a plenty of messages saying "61012 Exception from message source *personal details removed*: System.Net.WebException: The operation has timed out" under application log and another messages saying "Exception: System.Web.HttpException (0x80004005): Request timed out." under Application and Services Log -> K2 log

Btw, *personal details removed* is the service account we use to run the K2 services, and it is a domain account, not local server account.

I believe this relates to the service account used by the K2 services, but it was working fine until end of last month after some security configuration changes by our network administrator.

So my questions are:

- Does the issue relate to the security configuration changes in the Active Directory that affect the service account?

- Where can we find the technical log that explain the reason behind the time out?

- I found four K2 services are running, three with Local System but one with domain account, it is K2 server with account *personal details removed*. It this the correct configuration to run the services?

I'll look forward for any information and helps, thank you

2 replies

Hello,

You may consider upping the Command Timeout values.  If the workflow makes use of a SQL Service Instance, you can edit this value under the service instance configuration using the SmartObject Service Tester.  Otherwise, there is a value you can edit in the K2HostServer.exe.config file.  Please see the following KB article:  https://help.k2.com/support-services/kbt133195

Thanks

Hi,

I've followed your suggestion to increase the command timeout value up to 90 sec, but still does not solve the issue.

At least I can escalate this issue to our network-hosting support to show them it is not the connection but the service account issue due to updates they have applied, by providing the KB to support my analysis.

Thank you for your valuable information, I really appreciate it :)