SyncEngine Issue

• 13 December 2019
  • 2 replies

Badge +3

Hi,

we have an issue with the SyncEngine.

It looks like a similar issue as described on this article: https://help.k2.com/kb003252 - but not for Azure but for Active Directory

Currently we have two different cases:

1. One userprofile is availaible in the tabel [Identity].[Identity] but the profile is not available on the K2 environment (eg. for tasks, selection in the management site or for role addition ...).

--> picture K2-Sync-Issue-1.jpg

2. Parts of a domain will not sync to the [Identity].[Identity] table.

All the profiles are a availabe in the table [SyncEngine].[Identity].

It seems like they will not sync with the [Identity].[Identity] correctly

--> picture K2-Sync-Issue-2.jpg

In both cases the SyncJob runs without errors.

Did anyone had similar issues?

Andi

16544i30E8FD6B1B34A494.jpg
16806i7F4B6604EC0B0A1F.jpg

2 replies

Good day AndreasG,

Depending on what identity (group/users you have a problem with) please could you run this script.

Create a copy of your K2 database so that should anything happen you can always revert back, and try the following to see if this can help.
Update
[SyncEngine].[Identity] SET [Description] = [Description]

WHERE [id] = ("Problematic Group/User that is not showing")

Please note the ID should be the of the problematic group/user  not the synchronized one.

So what this does basically is to trick the ETL in thinking that the state of that object changed and it will process again, and it’s supposed to trigger ETL to process changes from Sync table to the Identity table again and if Sync table is complete you are supposed to see new and correct data in identity table otherwise there will be errors in ETW logs.
So for the group/user who is not resolved in identity. identity table, please provide the ID on the Description=Description query.

Also, make sure you have created a backup of your database before performing such.

Kind regards,

Dumisani

Userlevel 4
Badge +14
When it comes to SyncEngine there is a lot to take into consideration, I suggest always being on the latest FixPack available and then have this issue investigated via a K2 support ticket.