SmartObject generated from different Service Instance

• 18 March 2021
  • 3 replies

So I have 2 exact Databases named A and B. Both databases have same tables and Stored Procedure.
When I try to generate SmartObject from service instance, for some reason a few SmartObject generated from Bs Stored Procedure lose its List method, and also lose its properties. 

I tried to delete the the database B , copy the schema and its content from the database A. but nothing seems to work like the database A. 

The only difference from the A and B is the server location, apart from it, it is all same. 

How does this happen? and how can I solve this matter?

thanks

fyi I already tried adding     SET FMTONLY OFF; on the Stored Procedure and didn’t seem to work. 

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

If you edit each service instance in K2 Management, is there any property at all that is different between them besides for the database/server name? This kind of sounds like “Use Native SQL Execution” may be true for one and not the other. Also make certain that your K2 account being used to connect to these databases has the exact same permissions in both, and that the SQL Server versions are the same as well.

The property are the exact same.
The “Use Native SQL Execution” are both false, “On Different SQL Server” are true, 
Both also use same static service authentication.

“Also make certain that your K2 account being used to connect to these databases has the exact same permissions in both”
How to make sure they have the same permission? Just to make sure that I didn’t miss this part

And also is there anyplace that I need to check? 

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

I was suggesting that you check the permissions of the K2 service account in both of your SQL databases. Like perhaps in the one that isn’t working properly, the K2 account doesn’t have “Execute” rights on the stored procedures. Things like that I would start with