Smart Object reference looses binding on first invocation

• 26 May 2020
  • 1 reply

Hi

I have Smart Object which contains a method that calls a stored procedure passing in three parameters.

In the workflow I have created a reference to it.  In a task I have used the reference in the recipients tab.

When the workflow runs all of the input reference I have setup are passed into the stored procedure as expected.

In the task it also calls the stored procedure but this time all of the input mappings in define in the reference are not present so the call fails as they are mandatory parameters.

I could achieve the same by calling a smart object method everytime and mapping the result to a variable but I will be using the reference many times so it's cleaner not too.

I am misisng something in the setup or use of the reference?

Thx

Stuart

1 reply

Hi Stuart

In this guide – Using References: https://help.k2.com/onlinehelp/k2five/userguide/5.3/default.htm#k2-workflow-designer/use/references/references.htm, under “Scenario 5: Creating and Using a SQL stored procedure reference with a filter”, to this point it sound to me your issue could be related to the – Note “If records are added to the referenced data source after the Create Reference step runs, the new records are not included in the reference”, but I have not proved it yet, let’s look at that too.

Best,

Sunrise