Smart Object dependency check script?

• 10 July 2018
  • 3 replies

It would be nice to see all places where smart object methods are used before running P&D

if the smo is bound to a form, you can see this from the designer, but many times there are one-off method calls used in rules.

does anyone have a script built or easy way to see all places a method is used in a rule?

this would help better determine impact of changes to a smartobject

3 replies

Hi

You can use the P&D tool to check the depandancies and all the artifacts that are using the smartObject.

click the smartobject in question, on your far right there are tabs, click depandancy to see the SMO depandancies, or used by to see what K2 artifact are using it.

regard

Thabiso

K2 will not accept any liability for any issues arising from actions taken in respect of the information provided by any forum member

Thanks, however as I stated above, i'm looking for things the P&D doesnt catch well, like an explicit method call to a smart object. 

i would like to get a quick analysis of a custom method (vs the whole object) for instances in development where i might need to make a change to the number of required parameters or data types. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi,

Perhaps, you can use the attach console application to check the dependencies. I'm not sure if this is something possible on your side, another approach is to use a third party tool such as Apex SQL Search to simply search the entire K2 database for the SmartObject GUID.