Solved

Smart Object creation

• 20 November 2018
  • 4 replies

Badge +7

Dear All, I have just installed k2 5.2 so please forgive if this one has already been covered. I'm just after some thoughts on the best approach to creating smart objects on K2 five. I've noticed that you can't define the location of the smart object upon creation and it ends up wherever K2 puts it in relation to the broker. Before in SOTT I used to  rename and place the SMOs in the folder structure for the app I'm working on upon creation. Now it seems I have to create it, locate it, rename it and then move it. I don't mind doing this of course but I was wondering what everyone else is doing? Thanks

icon

Best answer by MrSafe 21 November 2018, 12:04

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

I navigate to the folder I want to create it in (in the K2 Designer) and create the new SmartObject there. Then I go through the wizards to wire it up to the appropriate broker. That way I have total control over where it gets created and what it gets named.

Badge +7

tbyrne777, I have tried this but I can't see where , in the wizard, you wire it up to the broker, are you able to point me in the right direction? 

Badge +7

Ok for anyone as green as me: right click the folder where you want the smart object in Designer > Browse and select "New Smart Object" Choose "advanced smart object", click the "properties & methods" tab and then the methods tab in the view. Then click add and then choose your service broker from the selection.  If it's a SQL broker, you can choose the tables from here.

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

You beat me to it, glad you figured it out! Did that solve all of your issues with building SmartObjects where you want them?