Solved

SharePoint K2 Five Workflow Designer - How to see full Context Field Name

• 7 August 2019
  • 2 replies

Hello - 

Please see attached PPTX 

When I'm in the K2 Five Workflow Designer (SharePoint) and I've used the Context Browser to drag/drop fields onto a panel there are instances where by I am not able to see what the full name / reference of the field is...

This seems to be prevelent when using a people field and using the Name | Email | Value of the field ... The fieldname gets left off ...

Listname > FieldName > Email  ...  Is shown as  Listname > Email   (within the configuration panels of say set variables)

Not a big deal if there is only one people field in the List ... If there are multiple people fields they all appear the same in the configuration panel where the Context Data is used.

Example of Set Variables Step setting 3 variables...

----------

var1 = Listname > Requestor > Email ... becomes ... Listname > Email

var2 = Listname > Manager > Email ... becomes ... Listname > Email

var3 = Listname > Supervisor > Email ... becomes ... Listname > Email 

Is there a way to see the full fieldname reference?  

I've tried looking at the HTML in the developer tools for the Set Vars panel but don't see the fieldname...

Thanx!

Jeff

icon

Best answer by khanh1 14 August 2019, 01:56

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi JeffLH,

I have seen similar request before. Perhaps, the following attachment might help your scenario. My understanding is, these things are only available in the workflow definition (.json file). Let us know if that helps identifying the correct objects.  

Hello  - 

Thank you for the information and screen shots !

I went and got the json definition of the workflow ...

Mine did not have the configurartion > itemReferences  > # > propertyReferences branch  in the tree ... 

I was able to find the List References, Field References, and together with nodes can track back the fields used for assigning variables ... It is painful ... 

I very much appreciate your help !!!!