Solved

Set A Calculated Total In A List View

• 5 March 2019
  • 7 replies

I have a List View that I want to calculate, and then set the calcualted total in a seperate field. I want the "Total Cost Items" to be a calculated total of (Quantity x Item Cost) then add the total of all "Total Cost Items" in the "Total MR Cost" Field. 

Any Suggestions?

16881i8AF0C6C0778CCAE1.png

icon

Best answer by katlehon 6 March 2019, 13:16

View original

7 replies

Hi Kcronic,

Calculating the "Total Cost Items" and "Total MR Cost"  requires the use of expressions which is found on the properties pane. Could you perhaps specify where or how you add data into the list view? Is it a editable list view or you display the information from a smartobject?    

Thanks,

Katleho

Hi again,

I have created a small program like yours and I am gonna show you the steps to it.

Considering that you have a smartobject, and the view, which I use to create records.

I hope this was very useful and helped in resolving your issue.

Should this post be useful in resolving your issue, please mark it as such by "Accept as solution" or "Kudo" as it will be helpful to other community members who encounters a similar issue.

Cheers,

Ok, great! I'll try this and inform you of my outcome! Thanks :)

This worked great! Thanks for your assistance! I have few other tweeks that I had to apply to the Editable List, but got it to work great. 

Great stuff man :)

Badge +9

How To: Use Expressions to Perform Calculations in a List View

This article illustrates how you can add expressions on list view controls to calculate values. You learn how to configure an expression that multiples the values of two controls, then displays the result in a third control. For example, you have a sales order form where you want to automatically calculate a row total for each item entered. The expression multiplies the item amount by the quantity and displays the total for that row as shown below.

Using an expression to calculate row totals 
Calculate Row Total Expression

Scenario

You have created a sales order form for your customers to submit new orders. The form contains an editable list to add, edit, and remove items. For convenience and accuracy, you want to provide a row total for each item entered (the cost of the item multiplied by the quantity). You do this by adding an expression that takes the item cost and multiplies it by the quantity, then displays the total amount for each row.

Steps

In this scenario, begin by building a SmartBox SmartObject to store your list items when you save them. Next, create a view from the SmartObject that contains the controls for adding, editing, and deleting list items. Add an expression that calculates the row total for each line item entered. Finally, create a form that contains the view.

Setup Steps

Use the following steps set create the scenario from start to finish. If you want to add an expression to a control without following the scenario, go to Add an Expression.

1. Create a SmartObject that has at least one number property, one decimal property, and one text box property.

1. Create a new SmartObject in K2 Designer. Name the SmartObject
      Sales Orders SmartObject.
      Select the SmartBox option. This option creates a table in the K2 database. Click Create.
      Create New SmartObject
    2. Click Add to add the properties shown in the image below. Make sure to change the data type where necessary. Click OK to return to the SmartObject properties. Click Finish to save the SmartObject and exit.
      SmartObject Properties
  2. Design an editable list view based on the SmartObject.

1. Right-click the Sales Orders SmartObject and  select Design View. The list view displays any existing records from the Sales Orders SmartObject and contains controls to interact with new and saved content.
    2. Name the new view
      Sales Orders View.
      Change the View Type to List View. Confirm the option to Call this method when the form loads is checked. At runtime, this method retrieves saved records from the SmartObject and loads them onto the form. Click Create.
      Design New View
    3. Click Create Labels and Controls to allow K2 to generate the layout table and add controls for you.
    4. On the Create Labels and Controls page, include all the fields except ID. Check the option to Enable list editing. Allow the user to add, edit, and remove rows which allows people using the view to add, update, and delete line items from the list view.
      Create Label and Controls Settings

Add an Expression

The following step describes how to add an expression to a control in an editable list. In this scenario, you add and configure the expression for the Row Total (text box) control that multiplies the Item Cost (decimal control) by the Item Quantity (number control). The Row Total (text box) control updates automatically.

1. Add an expression to the text box control that multiples Item Cost by Item Quantity.

1. Select the Row Total control in the Add/Edit Item section. In the Properties pane, locate the Expressions option found in the General section. Click the ellipses to open the expression editor.
        Expression Editor
      2. Click Add and specify a Name for the expression
        Calculate Row Total.
        Add New Expression
      3. Next, configure the expression using K2 operators. Operators include functions for working with text, date and time, conversions, and standard operators. Click the Operators tab near the lower left of the page. Expand the Operatorsnode. Drag the Multiply operator into the Expression Details box.
        Using Operators for Expressions
      4. Now that you have the operator in place, you can add the references to the two controls: Item Cost (decimal) and Item Quantity (number). Select the Context tab (next to the Operators tab). Expand the Sales Orders View node, then expand the Controls > Add/Edit Row nodes. Drag the Item Cost Text Box control into the first Expression Details box. Drag the Item Quantity Text Box control into the second Expression Details box. Click OK to save the expression configuration. Click OK to save the expression.
        Configure the Expression

Notice the Row Total control shows the Calculate Row Total expression as its default value.
    Calculate Row Total Expression

1. Click Finish to save and exit the view.
  2. Design a form from the view.

1. Views must be contained within a form to be opened in a browser. Right-click the Sales Orders View and  select Design Form.
    2. Name the form
      Sales Orders Form.
      Design Form from View
    3. Click Finish to save and exit the form.
  3. Test the expression.

1. To test the expression, open the form using the Runtime URL.
      Runtime URL
    2. Click Add to enter items, costs, and quantities. Press <Enter> on your keyboard to set the row total. The row total updates with the calculated result.
      Expression Results

This seems like it could help with my problem but unsure on this step:

"On the view, uncheck "Visible" and "Enabled" on the TOTAL COST ITEMS field and then click on "Expression". And then uncheck "Visible" and "Enabled" on the ID field as well."

I do not see "View" and any option to "Visible" and "Enabled"

My problem is that "Due Days" is a calculated field which throws an error when I use "Get List" for Sharepoint.

Thanks!