I am looking to create a SQL Service Instance however the port that I need to use is not the default 1433. I have tried to specify the port by using <server name>:<port> and <server name>,<port> but I only receive errors that the server is not reachable or invalid connection string.
Is it possible to connect to a different port and, if so, how can this be done?
Are you trying to create a SQL service instance for a custom database? Is the database residing in the same SQL server as the K2 database? Could you ensure that your firewall allows inbound and outbound connections on that port?
K2 will not accept any liability for any issues arising from actions taken in respect of the information provided by any forum member.
Thanks for the reply, I should have offered more info.
This is a custom SQL database that resides across a VPN connection; a separate SQL server. I have verified that the firewall is not blocking the traffic.
Could you confirm the connection between the K2 server and the SQL server hosting your custom database using the UDL test? You may follow the steps below:
- Log on to the K2 server as the K2 service account
- Right-click on the desktop and create a text file
- Name you test file and set the extension from '.txt' to '.udl' (eg. Test.udl)
- Right-click on the udl file and go to the Properties
- Go to the Connection tab
- Put in the details pointing to the SQL server hosting your custom db
- Click on 'Test Connection'