Rule when a user does not make changes to a listview row

Badge +3

I have a listview that triggers certain logic for the events a) when list item is added and b) when list item is changed in a listview. I would like to call the same rule also when a user goes into the add/edit mode in a list item but either hits enter without changing values, or presses the ESC keyboard button.

Is this possible?

3 replies

Badge +15

Hi,

I do not think this can be done in K2 at the moment. There isn't any rule that can detect when a view enters or exit the edit mode. You can head over to ideas.k2.com to log a feature request for this, or if this has already been requested, you can vote for it to get this implemented in future versions of K2.

Badge +3

I appreciate your reply, however I'm eager to hear from anyone who has adequate hands on knowledge in the matter or who has actually attempted to acheive this. You can attach actions to when you enter the Add/Edit mode either directly (using List Row Added view event) or indirectly (when add button clicked/double clicked/ edit button clicked), but I haven't found a way to trigger a rule if no changes are made or if ESC is pressed.

I would imagine you could use some jquery that when a cancel button clicked you do a transfer data rule to put a value in a text area and update a workflow based on the field. I.e. someone comes into the page and clicks cancel instead of save and information is then passed to a field before closing the form. At that point a workflow could start and if the value of that field is what you want do something. You could possible do the same thing with esc but that would also take some more research. I would have to get some specifics for you and it seems like a fun challenge.