Reminders in workflow fires ahead of the scheduled date.

• 2 April 2019
  • 3 replies

Badge +8

Before deadline: you can use this if you specify your deadline in the workflow

After: days/Hour/mins. AFTER a task is assigned to you.

ON DatE: Specific date.

The problem is even if my reminder date is after a month of the task recieved, the reminder date immediately fires and sent to recipients.

I used a stored procedure because I need to calculate my deadline, convert it to SMO ang used in ON DATE:

Please advice on how to resolve this issue or your workaround.

Thanks

3 replies

Good day  

@Dabuskol

If you are using K2 cloud or using K2 5.1 this is a known issue and the reason  that your reminder is ignoring your scheduled date is  that your reminders are using the default working hours which is located beneath the reminders tab it's named deadlines. It is using this configuration when it's not expected, especially when making use of repetitions. 

And they should not be making use of the default working hours. 

To resolve your issue just toggle the working hours configuration and re-deploy the workfow.

for more information regarding this topic please follow this KB article link.

http://help.k2.com/support-services/kbt154854

Should you find the above information answered your question, relevant and/or leading you to the answer please Mark as "Accepted Solution and/or Answer", as this will assist other K2 upcoming developers in the near future.

Best regards;

Dumisani

[K2 will not accept any liability for any issues arising from actions taken in respect of the information provided by any forum member]

Hi K2 developer

Kindly verify with your workflow under task receipients (context browser) and please recheck with your reminder and/or deadline settings, usually i drag and drop/use End Month from context browser, that should notify the task receiver after 30 days, last day of the month, as i depicted in the below screenshots.

Should you find the above information useful or answered your question kindly mark with "Kudo and/or Accepted Solution", as this will help other upcoming k2 developers in the near future.

Otherwise provide us with more content so we can further assist with the issue.

Best regards;

Widson.

[K2 will not accept any liability for any issues arising from actions taken in respect of the information provided by any forum member]

Badge +9

Hi

You can con figure a rule when activity must be started please see image below

I send an email every 15 days before due date.

Should you find the information from the article useful or leading you to the answer please mark as "Solution and/or Kudo", as it will assist other k2 developers with relevant information in the near future.

Best Regards

Elvis