Solved

Record Approval when the Approval is made from the Worklist Dropdown

• 12 November 2019
  • 5 replies

Badge +5

This seems like it should be a simple fix. We have a list view in a form that records the approvals for a form that has several approvals. it lists Username, approval date and comments for each person that actioned the form. Unforuneately if I leave the "eyball" icon on the action unchecked and the approval or denie actons appear in the worklist dropdown, and the approver actions it from there, the approval does not get recorded in the approval list. How do I access the approval action parms from the worklist so that the action gets written to the list. This is a K2 5 solution. All my other legacy K2 4.7 solutions do this.

icon

Best answer by SamuelT1 13 November 2019, 16:29

View original

5 replies

Hello  @jaswerl, 

I feel that the best way to accomplish this would be to add a SmartObejct step to each of the tasks within your workflow. This will allow you to access information from the user that actioned the task as well as information from the task itself. Please see my attachment (CreateActionResults.png) for a reference on how you might configure this. 

Thanks, 

Sam

Badge +5
Thanks Sam this is what I ended up doing and it seems to be working, My security settings won't let me see your attachment. I Ended up adding a smart object action as a multistep to the user action.
Badge +5
I take that back, now 2 approvals appear. Should I take the smartform method out of the form rules?

Hey  @jaswerl, 

If you are seeing two approvals than I would imagine that you have that SmartObject call duplicated somewhere. If you have it in your form rules as well than I would suggest removing from there as the multi-step in the workflow should be able to handle this. 

Thanks, 

Sam

Badge +5
Yes it was in the smartform too. The necessity was to have the approve and decline actions on the workspace dropdown and get the approvals into the form.