Solved

Questions about Redirect

I am working on a workflow that the Originator gets to select the master manager to approve their work. There is a chance that this will then be Redirected to another manager.  My workflow works fine if the redirected manager either approves or rejects the work. 

The issue is when the redirected manager decides that the Originator needs to complete rework.  When the Originator submits the changes again - the tasks and the notification go back to the master manager and not the redirected manager.

I have tried to do the selection of the redirected manager from within the form, but I could not even successfully get the task to the redirected manager. 

Is there a trick to updating SmartObjects when a redirection occurs to update the related field? 

I guess I could continue down the workflow rather than looping back to the first step - but that seems like a lot of extra work that should be avoidable. 

11243iEA6EC93B4BBA6633.jpg

icon

Best answer by akumar 31 July 2018, 12:21

View original

2 replies

Badge +6

Hello,

Once user completed the task you can capture the actioned by user in data fields and then assign the task again to the user of data field after re-submission.

Before assigning the task you can write a Rule that request is submitted or re-submitted and based on rules you can decide the user assigning. 

Hope this will help you ..

Thanks.

Thanks for this heads up. It at least got me started on the right path. I had a lot more work to complete because I was using an AAD SO and after I would save, it would change to email. It was a lot of trial and error before I got it right.