Query on FP13 for K2 5.2

• 2 January 2020
  • 3 replies

Hi All,

I am working in K2 5.2 and we have installed FP31. Recently we came across an issue where EDGE browser is not working properly when there is a for each rule (For all rows). We found out that K2 has released a fix pack 13 for fixing the issue.  Now the question is what will be the impact if I install FP13 on top of FP31. Do I need to install all those fix pack released after FP13 once FP 13 is installed? 

Regards,

Madhu

3 replies

Badge +9

Hi Madhu_hari

You can perhaps consder to do a rollback, see the followng instructon below on how to rollback

RE-INSTALL ROLLBACK STEPS
This rollback can only be done if a backup was done for the K2 database. This is the preferred method of rolling back to the previous state of the K2 environment.
1. To roll back the K2 5.2 FP36, uninstall K2 from your environment.
2. Re-install K2 Five (5.2).
3. Restore the K2 database using the backup made before the update.
MANUAL ROLLBACK STEPS
After installing the K2 5.2 FP36, the changed files included in this update can be rolled back manually to get the environment in the same state as before running this update. It is extremely important to note that this is not recommended and should only be done in a severe case where necessary. Please speak to a K2 support consultant before attempting the manual rollback.
You will need the K2 Backup folder that was created after running this update for the FIRST time. All the original files are stored in this folder. The K2 Backup folder can be located in the %temp% folder.
NOTE: If you ran this update a second time without renaming or moving the K2 backup folder the first time, you will not be able to complete the manual rollback. This is due to the fact that the folder being overwritten every time you run the update.
1. Stop the K2 Server.
2. Open the K2 Backup folder in the %temp% folder. If you have renamed or moved this folder, open the moved or renamed one. Copy and replace the files from this folder as indicated in the table below:

For more infomaton on how to rollback extract FP 36 and look for PDF Fle called nstall & Rollback Instruction.

Regards

Elvis

Hello,

As others have stated in this topic, K2 fix packs are cumulative, so fix pack 31 (which you already seem to have installed), will have all fixes included in fix pack 13.  If this issue regarding the EDGE browser still persists for you, would you mind elaborating on it a bit and perhaps we can help?  Otherwise, I would recommend logging a K2 Support ticket as there is a chance the bug either was not addressed correctly or has re-emerged in a later fix pack.

Cheers.

Hi @chruff 

I have two forms where an operation is configured based on the For All rows rule in a List View. In first form I am just setting a flag to see if the list view has any data and in second form I am trying to match a condition while running through th list view. Both these rules are working in Chrome but not working in Edge. When I searched for the issue, I found that FP13 is released to fix the issue.

Regards,

Madhu