Solved

Query SmartObject Help

• 13 March 2020
  • 5 replies

Hey all,

New to K2 here and need some assistance.

I work at a University and I'm currently working on a project that will convert some of our student based forms to electronic forms with workflows behind them. Ideally we want to have the student enter their local College ID into a field on the form and K2 will then populate fields in the form with known data from our Student Information System. I have a process that populates an Azure SQL Database with the needed information from our Student Information System, then I generate a SmartObject in K2 that is linked to the Azure SQL Database,

I have a proof-of-concept working using a Picker field where the student will enter their ID number, but the problem is that in deployment we can't use the Picker field because it allows a user to search for other students on campus (there is some FERPA concerns with this). Is there a way that we can disable the search icon for the Picker?

Or is there a way/field type that I can use to query the SmartObject that will allow the user to type in their ID number then it searches and loads the info?

Any assistance with this would be appreciated!

icon

Best answer by Bastien_T 17 March 2020, 10:57

View original

5 replies

may i know why do you want to disable search? 

Hi Emmon Johnson,

Maybe you want to check on configuring the picker control to use another control's data to filter the results ?

In this way you can limit what information can be seen by other users. You may check the link below for more details

https://help.k2.com/onlinehelp/K2Cloud/UserGuide/Update_11/default.htm#How-Tos/PickerControl/WithCascadingFilter/PickerControlWithCascadingFilter.htm

Should you feel that this post is of use and or an accurate solution to the raised question, I kindly encourage you to mark it as such
using the 'Mark as Solution', 'Kudo' andor ‘Me Too’ options.

Cheers,
Kate

K2 will not accept any liability for any issues arising from actions taken in respect of the information provided by any forum member.

I think you may let students input theyre ID in a text area and add a rule that populate an object with the first result.

You can populate data label on refresh with data from the first result for visual control.

You can only submit if you have a result.

Only issue, you don't have auto-completion.

I'll give this a try. I'm not to concerned with the auto-completion, so this might be the method I pursue.
Thanks for the suggestion it works perfectly!