Package Management

• 21 January 2020
  • 1 reply

Hi,

I'm intrigued to see how others manage their package & deployment process.

We have a Global Portal (home page) and from here you can access a variety of Health & Safety apps. Each app has logic to navigate back to the Global Portal via a home icon.

We created a package per app, and an additional package for the Global Portal. In each package I removed the inclusion of any dependencies. I wanted each package to only contain the objects relevant to it.

When it came to deployment, I have come across something I was not expecting. I only want to deploy one of the apps. I was hoping to deploy the package for that particular app, then the Global Portal package (with the intention that the home page will hide access to other undeployed apps).

However, the app that is ready for deployment has a dependency on the Global Portal. Additionally, the Global Portal has a dependency on this app (all apps).

I was hoping when it came to deployment that the missing reference warnings could be ignored and flaggged items could still be deployed.

I cannot deploy the app package as it requires the Global Portal and vice-versa. So I am stuck.

It seems like in K2 the only way to get around my issue would be to deploy everything in one master package to get around the circular reference issue.

Is there a way to ignore Missing reference errors? Or is it best not to be granular with packages, if you have a suite of apps that rely on a Global Portal page is it best to create one master package?

Regards

Conrad

1 reply

Badge +12

Hi ConradMc, 

Thank you for your post, it is advisable not to ignore missing references within packages as this could effect the solution in the long run, best course of action would be to try and get to the root cause of the missing references. 

You may have a look at the following documentation below around this:

https://help.k2.com/onlinehelp/K2Cloud/UserGuide/Update_10/default.htm#PackageAndDeploy/PD-Conflict-Resolution.htm

https://help.k2.com/onlinehelp/K2Cloud/UserGuide/Update_10/default.htm#PackageAndDeploy/PandD-Considerations.htm

I would like to ask how big is the master package ? 

Kind regards, 

Perc