Notification when items logs in Workflow Error section

• 29 September 2022
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +16

Hi,

Is it possible to email a designated user if any errors are logged in the K2 Management - Workflows - Errors all section?

For example, i've had form submissions failing for 2 days straight and only know as I was told by a submitter, but I need to know via the error logs if anything goes in there and know before a user contacts me.

Is this possible?

Thanks

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +13
Yes definitely - it is a fairly recent addition to K2 Five so it does depend what version you are on. You can make a new workflow process to act as your error handler and the Start Event for this process would be "Start when any Workflow Errors". You can then handle the error however you wish, including a notification
Userlevel 3
Badge +16

Hi tbyrne,

Hope you doing well and thanks for the reply.

We are on k2 5.4, would it work using this version?

Also, any chance of a step by step on how to achieve this?

Thanks,

Userlevel 5
Badge +13
Unfortunately, this feature was added in K2 5.5. Do you have any plans for an upgrade to that version in the near future?
Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Hi,
I've seen the K2 Process Error Notification Service Version 3 (K2 PENS) utility in the past, it may be usable with newer versions of K2 Five, but I haven't tried it.
I also found an article Create Error Profile notification of errors workflow that might help, also haven't tried it.
I use a custom PowerShell script that runs from the Windows task scheduler every 15 minutes, connects to K2 and emails the Error Profiles entries if it finds any new ones there. I found the inspiration for it somewhere on the internet.

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

I can confirm that the K2 Process Error Notification Service is the way to go if you aren't able to get to K2 5.5 in the near future