Solved

Need to remove decommissioned server

• 23 March 2020
  • 3 replies

Since old farm was running K2 5.2 on WS2012 R2, we stood up new servers running WS2016 and added them to the existing farm running 5.2.

We then removed the old servers from the load balancer and turned off the K2 services.  Now that K2 was running on the new servers running WS 2016, we upgraded the farm to 5.3.

I read somewhere that K2 Five automatically disables old nodes that don't respond.  I've already removed the licenses from the K2 Management portal.  Can anyone confirm if we still need to work with K2 Support to remove the entries from the database?

icon

Best answer by lkimberly 24 March 2020, 09:18

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +13

Hi  @Tuff ,

I suggest checking the HostServer logs to see if you are getting flooded with errors indicating that it is unable to connect to the old server node. If so, you can remove the references from the K2 database, with the help of our Support team through a ticket logged.  Please have a look at the following KB article:

https://help.k2.com/support-services/kbt164115

Regards,

Kimberly 

K2 will not accept any liability for any issues arising from actions taken in respect of the information provided by any forum member.

Hi Kimberly,

I do not see any of those errors in the HostServer Log.  I also noticed that my old server in the Server.Server table has a property "Running" value of "0".

I removed the license from the K2 Management Server.  Do you think I still need to remove the old instances?

Userlevel 4
Badge +13

Hi  @Tuff ,

Then it's fine to leave the entries as is. But if you'd prefer, you can go ahead and remove those old server entries manually from the Server.Server and HostServer.Server tables in the database. 

Regards,

Kimberly