Nationality, Race

Hi

I have 2 drop down list controls as Nationality and Race. When i click on these drop down,  instead of having Country name and Race name, it brings out number? 

How do i fix this error?

I checked the Stored procedures and Tables everything looks fine

12 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Hi @Timbheche,

At first glance from your description, it looks like you are implying that the items on the dropdown list are showing as numbers instead of their descriptions, which could be your setup - to change what is displayed in the DDL you need to change the Display property:

However, I can't deduce from your screenshot if that is the dropdown menu, or if that is data labels with the values of the dropdown, and if you want to show the description there. If that is the case, I suggest you use a List Display control linked to the same SmartObject and also change its Display property, then just pass the value of the dropdown to the List Display.

Please let me know if I'm misunderstanding your issue, and I'll try to help.

Cheers,

Ernie

Good day

when i change everything to text, there is a error that is popping out

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

@Timbheche 

Only change the Display (see the red arrow in my previous post) to the name of the Nationality/Race field, do not change the ID field, as it seems the SmartObject you are saving to is expecting it to be a number.

If you still struggle, please send a screenshot of your Data Source setup and a screenshot of where you are saving the values selected in the DDL

Regards,

Ernie

Good day Sir

I managed to do it with Nationality but when i do the same with race, i received the same error that says i can not change strings to int2

Hi sir

please check my data source below

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

@Timbheche 

Can you send me a screenshot of your mappings in the SmartObject call where you are using the Race DDL to save the value, please?

The Data Source setup you have there now looks correct

Hi Sir

Here is the mapping below

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

@Timbheche 

Thanks, but if you could please send me a screenshot of where you are SAVING the value of the Race DDL list, that screenshot is of where you are populating the dropdown lists. 

This could be on a Save or a Submit button, in other words - where you are getting the error.

Regards,

Ernie

Hi Sir

I am trying to find out where this error coming from because it seems like some of the rules are oky.

Mapping looks fine also

Parameters also looks fine

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Hi @Timbheche,

I suggest you log a support ticket at support@nintex.com then one of their support engineers can jump on a call to assist you, as the screenshots you have added below does not show where the error can be, I'm guessing it's just a mapping where you are trying to save a text field to a property that is expecting a number.

Regards,

Ernie 

Hi Sir

Thank you very much for your time. i managed to fix it.

Good day sir

Can you please assist me with the below screen shoot, when i click submit the information does not come out.