Missing SmartObject

• 8 January 2020
  • 4 replies

I have a SmartObject that does not appear in Package and Deploy Tool.

The SmartObject is present in SmartObject Service Tester.

I am not able to package and deploy the app using the SmartObject.

The problem is the PayspaceEmployeePosition SmartObject in the pics below.

This is in K2 5.2.

Any ideas or advice?

14297i788941011D0D1779.png

4 replies

Badge +7

Hello  @Chrisvdm ,

Here are ways you can go about fixing your issue:

1. Recreating the ID's in the SmartObjects and updating the views to use the new ID's resolved the issue.

2. When the customer is able, please have them apply the latest FixPack to see if that prevents the issue from occurring in the future. Additionally, as a workaround please remove all SmartObject rule executions in the form/view level rules that reference the SmartObject from the error message, save and check-in, then re-add the rules to reset the references.

3.Error with Package and Deployment - SmartObject could not be found:

https://community.k2.com/t5/K2-Cloud/Error-with-Package-and-Deployment-SmartObject-could-not-be-found/td-p/109650

All the best

Good day  @Chrisvdm 

Please note that in order to get rid of that error you need to get a script from support. I recommend that you log a support ticket to get the script.

Best,

Sunrise

Badge +9

Hi Chrisvdm

Normally this error appear when you deleted field propertis and you decide to keep reference in Addition to what @Sunrise said you need to log a support ticket and they have a script to clean your environment.

Regards

Elvis

Userlevel 4
Badge +13

Hi  @Chrisvdm ,

Could you perhaps share how the PayspaceEmployeePosition SmartObject was created? Keep in mind that "System" SmartObjects will show not in P&D. To verify, run the following query against your K2 database and check the TypesXML column:

Select * from [K2].[SmartBroker].[SmartObject] where Name = "PayspaceEmployeePosition"

If it is a System object, you will see <type name="system" />. 

Regards,

Kimberly 

K2 will not accept any liability for any issues arising from actions taken in respect of information provided by any forum member.