Migration To K2 Five

• 5 February 2021
  • 3 replies

Hi,

So in the past few months, My team and I tried to migrate our apps based on K2 4.7 to K2 Five (5.0003.1000.2). 

We have some issues, since we didn’t use 3rd party to help migrate the apps, and also our team is basically new to K2, we decided to rebuild our apps in K2 Five from scratch.

The issues are, first there’s a Stored Procedure that used in k2 4.7 that has List in its Method, but when the same SP used in K2 Five, it has only Execute Method

Second is, is there “easy” ways to rebuild the workflow from K2 4.7 in K2 Five? Because its just very different and somehow hard to understand.

Also, if there is a way to upgrade it instantly using 3rd party tools, or whatever migration tips we need to do are surely helpful.

Thank you.

3 replies

Badge +5

Hello there,

In your stored proc, try to add the following line 'SET FMTONLY OFF;' after the 'SET NOCOUNT ON;' statement near the top. This will allow K2 Five to show the List method.

There is no easy way or 3rd party tool that can convert K2 4.7 workflow to K2 Five workflow automatically from what I know. You’ll just have to convert them one by one, K2 Five designer is easy to use. If you need further assistance, please send me an instance message.

hi @Rusty02 

Thanks for your help, I’ll try your suggestion.

About the K2 Five workflow, I’m currently working to rebuild the 4.7 to Five, and in K2 4.7 there is an ‘Object’ called Data Event. Do you know what is the equivalent of this object in K2 five? I’ve try using Set Variables, but I can’t seem to find Function/Build Expression which I need to create the workflow.

once again thank you for your help

Badge +5

Glad to help. The equivalent to Data Event in K2 Five is Set Variables. If that doesn’t help, PM me and we can take a look at your requirement.