Message box meant for submitter appears for every subsequent user due to the load method

Badge +5

A validation rule checks for a reqular expression in a field on change. This message is meant only for the submitter. However, the message appears for every subsequent client event. I suspect because we save the field value to a smart object when no parameter is set and load back the value when the parameter is set (in other words) when subsequent task owners open the form, the load method is registering as a change to the field which execurtes the validation rule and shows the message. Is there a way I can supress the message on load or a better way to structure the valication rule so that it only didplays when the submitter enters the data.

3 replies

Badge +15

You can perhaps add a data label, then when the form is initialized, add a transfer data rule, transfer the username into the data label. That way you can add in another condition to check if the user opening the form is the submitter.

Hi,
Your message will only come if validation is not passed and for submitter it will be there on change rule of control, subsequently for approvers it will not be there as data entered is already correct and change event of control will pass without any message.

In case empty value is allowed you can just add another validation not to check regular expression for empty values, in this case if the value is empty you will not be getting the message even on initialize or initialized rule as the condition will not be met and will return false.
Hope above helps
Badge +5

I should have mentioned that the validation rule was only and advisory message. The system should permit the triggering text string to remain in the field. I did solve this by puting a condition before the advanced condition that tiggered only if the form parameter was NOT set. Now the message ony shows for the submitter. The parameter is set for all the remaining tasks so the message does not display.