K2 visibility

• 27 October 2021
  • 3 replies

On my View, I have a CONTROL with a dropdown list (Travel, Tourism, Leave, Others), and I want another control to be visible only when the OTHERS value is picked from the dropdownlist.

I have unchecked visibility for the Other control, the rules I applied are not working. Help please 

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

I'll try to help - what rules did you apply? It should be when your control changes, check if its value is Others then show the other control else hide it.

Badge +3

you need a rule with

Event: when the dropdown control is changed

Condition: When the value is 'Others'. It seems like you're using a static list. note that when comparing values here, not only do you need to compare to the 'value' of that item in the list, but I believe the comparison is case sensitive when using static lists.

Action when condition is true: show your controls

Else: hide your controls

hope this helps

Hi,

Press on the control you want to check. On the rule canvas on the right, add a new rule. In the events, when the control is changed. Conditions use an advanced condition and compare the control value = others, then action is show the other control action else hidr the other control.

Please note, when defining a value in a drop down, there is a value and a display. What you compare with is the value not the display. E.g. if your using static drop down list and you defined value 1 and display name others, in your condition you have to check for the 1 not the others. This maybe your problem. Hope that resolved your issue

Cheers