K2 form intermittently submitting blank items to a SharePoint list

• 15 January 2020
  • 2 replies
  • 1 view

We have a K2 form connected to a SharePoint list. Out of the 1,000s of submissions we've received, there are 29 blank items. Typically, I would suspect that the accounts attempting the submit the form didn't have permission to contribute to the SharePoint list, but that's not the case. Also, with most of the blank items, the same account created an item around the same time.

Unfortunately, I'm not able to confirm whether or not the users received any error messages. I couldn't find anything in the K2 logs to explain the blank items.

Has anyone else experienced this issue with intermitten blank items being written to a SharePoint list?

2 replies

Hello  @KDettman, 

Without any error messages it will be a little difficult to pin point exactly what has caused these blank entries. Given that a lot of them occured around the same time and from the same user, my best guess would be that the user was experiencing network issues and clicked the sumbit many times, which in turn created a whole bunch of blank entries. A way that you could test this would be to add validation to your submit rule so that certain fields are required which will prevent it from creating an entry while those properties are blank. 

Thanks, 

Samuel 

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi KDettman,

Perhaps you can enable SmartObject Server logging (https://help.k2.com/kb000298). For example, you receive a notification from end users that a submit /approval to SharePoint list is blank, you can find out the SmartObject calls in both brokerpackagein.log and brokerpackagein.out logs, the SmartObjects will likely have more information if the values are passing in or being executed at the time.