K2 cannot resolve user identity cache

• 22 August 2019
  • 5 replies

I found problem after refresh identity cache. 

K2 cannot resolve some user in identity cache table. Column ContaineResolved still equal 0.

When user try to getting worklist (K2 workspace, Worklist Control in smartform).

K2 system does not any response util timeout. But another form user can visited normally.

I found message below in error logs.

16164iA575B0182549768D.png

I try to enable "Ignore Foreign Principals". K2 cannot resolve user yet.

If I try to manual update column ContainerResolved = 1, user can get worklist normally. K2 system does not struck.

And I found error message below in ADUM error also.

"Error", "GetDirectoryEntry", "Unknown error (0x80005000)", " at System.DirectoryServices.DirectoryEntry.Bind(Boolean throwIfFail)

at System.DirectoryServices.DirectoryEntry.Bind()

at System.DirectoryServices.DirectoryEntry.RefreshCache()

at ADUM.K2UserManager2.GetDirectoryEntry(String path)", "Additional Information: ", "GetDirectoryEntry(LDAP://)"

Please suggest how to solve this problem.

Thank you in advance.

5 replies

Badge +3

Hi Sumit,

After you have enabled  "Ignore Foreign Principals" checkbox in K2 Management, did you restart the K2 service in Windows Services?

Kind regards,

Hendrix

Yes, I have restart K2 service after enabled also.
After I enable this option. It does not have message about resolve user in ADUM error.
But identity cache still not update.

I found new symptom that maybe one reason of this cause.

If try to excuting the FindGroup method in UMGroup Smo by the error user.

The smo tester running until timeout and does not any return message.

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi,

It sounds like the containers resolving is the issue. The method behind it is trying to check all the groups and will try to ask if the user belong to any of those objects. I think this is where it's taking time. In your case, are there any invalid Active Directory groups or SP groups that the individual is still a member of?

Badge +7

Hello Sumit,

Please have a quick glance at  the article below in the link:

http://help.k2.com/onlinehelp/k2blackpearl/icg/4.6.9/webframe.html#tweaking_identity_cache_performance_for_the_k2_server.html

Perhaps it  may help resolve the user identity cache issue.

Kind Regards,

Kagiso Masha