Solved

K2 Workspace App - Push Notifications (Android)

• 13 November 2019
  • 2 replies

Hi,

I am currently running the App on an Android device. I cannot work out when the App decides to send a push notifications? Is it on a timed interval? Is there a specific scenario that needs to be met?

I'm wondering if anyone has any information ofhow the push notifications are designed to work for the K2 Workspace App?

I have done several tests with the workspace app running, minimised, phone locked, phone unlocked to see how long or when a push notification comes through.

I cannot identify a pattern. It seems to be intermittent at the moment, unless I am missing something?

icon

Best answer by Dumisani 13 November 2019, 15:50

View original

2 replies

Good day ConradMc,

Push notifications should respond immediately/within a minute when a task is assigned to a user however you should make sure that you enable "Allow notifications" on the Workspace app on your mobile device app settings, however, the default background system refresh time interval from the server is set to 15 minutes which is tricky (i.e) If there was a minute before the 15 minutes to hit than an updated form/view would hit almost immediately but when the form/view was updated after the system refreshed than you would have to wait for the next 15 minutes to receive the update and notification.

However, you should make sure that your mobile device settings for the K2 workspace app notifications are enabled so that the background refresh system should always work appropriately.

If you are experiencing push notifications that come up after 15 minutes than I would suggest you look at your server for issues within.

Kind regards,

Dumisani 

Hi,

Thanks for this!  This now makes sense with what I was experiencing.

Regards

Conrad