K2 Workflow - underscore replaced with space in folder name

• 24 March 2022
  • 5 replies

I'm using k2 web designer. When I create a workflow under a category that has underscore in the name, when it get's deployed it gets replaced with space, so it gets deployed in totally different folder in k2 server.

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +20

@JRoberts Could you please assist here?

Userlevel 3
Badge +11

Hi bidj, 

What version of K2 Five are you running?

Jason

Userlevel 3
Badge +11

Disregard the K2 Five version question. I was able to duplicate in my own environment so I'm asking around for some insight on why the breadcrumb displays the category name this way. To duplicate it I first created the category name "without" an underscore and actually had a space in the name instead. Then I went back and renamed the category by putting in an underscore. From there the breadcrumb bar displays the original name of the category without an underscore.

Userlevel 2
Badge +10

Hi bidj,

Maybe this documentation link might help (https://community.nintex.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Item-Naming-Known-Restrictions-and-Limitations/ta-p/124342)

Userlevel 3
Badge +11

Also, what you're seeing in the breadcrumb is the full name of the workflow as it is stored in the K2 database. In legacy versions of K2 going back to K2 Blackpearl and earlier the workflow was named certain ways in the database and displayed accordingly. Behind the scenes some of that still happens happens today. However, now when you're navigating the category structure in K2 Designer and the K2 Management site in K2 Five, the workflow will be found in the category structure based on how you've named it. Underscores should be ok in the category naming for workflows and workflow names. In my environment, the only place I see the full workflow name minus the underscore is in that breadcrumb area, but it still appears in the correct category in the left side menu structure.