K2 Service Stopped / No connection made on target machine

• 14 September 2020
  • 9 replies

Badge +10

In my MO Environment I'm unable to package / deploy bc I'm getting errors like : Error on "Environment:5555' Message: no connection.
Try to start the K2 Server Service and get message that says

K2 Server service on Local Computer started then stopped. Some services stop automatically if they are not in use by other services or programs.

Just ran the Fix Pack 46 the other day -  Running K2 5.0003.1146

Thoughts?

9 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Try running the K2 Server in Console mode and see if it displays any better errors

Badge +10

Sorry - I don't know what that means?   Can you explain.  I'm just a developer of K2 - I don't do any of that Admin stuff.

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

When you log into the K2 server, instead of starting the K2 Windows Service via "Services", there should be a shortcut on your start menu to start the K2 Server (or just search for "K2 Server"). This will start the K2 Server in a console mode which will display lots of information on what it is trying to do and may give you more insight as to why it can't start.

Additionally, if you look at the Windows's "Event Viewer" you may find that when the K2 Service fails to to start that it logs more information here.

Lastly, you can check the "K2 blackpearlHostserverin" folder for .log files that may also contain more information about why K2 cannot start.

Badge +10

I submit a K2 Ticket -  the Console doesn't run and the errors are completely greek to me. 

This is stopping our Production Migrations & Testing so hopefully they can help me figure it out today.

We are using a farm and 1 is down and 1 is working. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Please don't hesitate to post the errors here... I've seen a lot of Greek, I may be able to assist

Badge +10

So the problem didn't start until Monday afternoon, last thing done on the server was the attempt to update the Cummulative Fix Pack 46.  Had some hiccups but by the 4th round - it looked like it had updated so didn't think anything of it.   Done on both servers in our Model Environment.

1 Server appears to be ok but the other one - looks like it's not even picking up a port or connection.

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

I recommend running the "K2 Configuration Analysis" tool that should be installed on your server and see what it comes up with. Also see if there are any HostServer*.log files in c:program files (x86)K2 blackpearlHost Serverin that have more details than what the console is displaying

Badge +10

Go figure my Admin is out today, the Server says it neds Visual C++ Installed and I don't have access to do it. So the Configuration Analysis option isn't going to happen today.

Sent the last Host Log to the K2 Support yesterday - hoping they can find something. 

Something is missing between the Port / Connection and happened after downloading that Fix Pack. Not sure why or what happened.    Hoping to figure something out because it's basically stopped all migrations for us at this point.

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi AAschenbrener,

It looks like the second server is out-of-synced after applying CU/FP. I have seen similar issue in the past, and we ended up re-configure the non-working server in the farm. You can try to compare the DLL between the both servers (i.e "C:Program FilesK2Host ServerBinSourceCode.HostServerLib.dll"). After going through Configuration Analysis option, I would suggest running K2 Setup Manager with Configure option. You can launch this from Windows Start menu.