K2 Server not showing in windows services

• 31 January 2021
  • 2 replies

Hello,

Please  i needed to change the admin account and service account password for K2 in my environment. I did that and did a reconfigure of K2 server on the two servers we have. The issue is that on one of the server, the K2 server is missing on windows services. If i run the exe directly from console, the application works but the service is missing on windows services.

Any ideas on how to make the service show on the services? I even ran configuration analysis on the server and everything was green.

2 replies

Hi femotinga,

If the service did get removed from your machine, you can run this command to add the service back:

sc.exe create "K2 Server" binPath= "C:Program Files (x86)K2Host ServerBinK2HostServer.exe /S"

You have to replace the binPath with the path to your K2HostServer.exe. Make sure the /S parameter is included in binPath.

After running the command, go to your Services Window, refresh the list, look for your "K2 Server" service, and edit the Startup Type, and set the service account used to run the service.

Hope this helps

Should you feel that this post is of use and or an accurate solution to the raised question, I kindly encourage you to mark it as such 
using the 'Best Answer', 'Like' andor ‘Me Too’ options.

Cheers,
Kate

K2 will not accept any liability for any issues arising from actions taken in respect of the information provided by any forum member.

Badge +5

Hello there, have you try to run a repair?

You might also want to check the k2 license and make sure it’s a license that allows you to run as a service instead of console only.