Solved

K2 OData, connect to the SmartObject doesn't work

• 20 July 2021
  • 9 replies

Hello,

Please help. I can't connect to the K2 SmartObject.

I connected to the K2 OData through Excel or Power BI, created sample SmartObject, made it available, but after logon to the K2 I can't see any SmartObjects.

Screenshots below.

Available SmartObjects:

18864i43790D5725C6104F.png

OData feed (Excel):

18865iC19714C3ECB4D0A8.png

Info issue:

18866iFF2DF7C77C26C873.png

icon

Best answer by DmitryR 27 July 2021, 11:08

View original

9 replies

My permission to the SmartObject:

Badge +6

Do you see the smartobject if you browse to the following URL via browser?

https://nintexdemo.ru/api/odata/v3

No, I tried it, but in vain. The screenshot "info issue" in my first post.
Badge +6

As a test, can you create a simple SmartBox SmartObject then add it to the list of Selected SmartObjects, and see if that works?

Userlevel 2
Badge +10

Hi DmitryR,

Can you enable Odata tracing and see if that will give us any more information?

https://community.nintex.com/t5/Internal/How-to-enable-Odata-Tracing-for-SmartObject-Odata-API/ta-p/203703

Khanh your link doesn't work for me, an issue is: You do not have sufficient privileges for this resource or its parent to perform this action.

I turned on OData tracing, please check log file in attachment.

I created the new SmartObject "PowerBI_Test2". 

Physical path to the SmartObject "[Program Files]K2WebServicesAPISmartObjectService.ODatav3PowerBI_Test2"" isn't exist, and folder "v3" isn't exist too.

Userlevel 1
Badge +7

From your K2 Management, go to Authentication > Claims > Issuers. What issuer are you using? Also check the Realms page to see which realm is using which issuer.

Checking this because recently I came across a case where an organization's users are using ADFS to login. If they try to open the OData API with a user that uses the K2 security label, the OData API works.

Hello,

please check screenshots below.

Issuers:

Realms:

The problem is related to Russian as the main system language.

Solution is:

1. Open the "Web.config" file by path: [Program Files]K2WebServicesAPISmartObjectService.Odata
2. Find: "<system.web>"
3. After "<system.web>" in new line add: "<globalization culture="en-US" uiCulture="en-US" />"
4. Save file
5. Restart IIS cmd: iisreset