K2 Five Workflow Designer

• 18 February 2021
  • 4 replies

I’m currently working to rebuild the 4.7 to Five, and in K2 4.7 we have Process and Activity Data fields however, in K2 Five I don't find it whereas Variables option is there and I think its equivalent to datafields at process and activity level. Can someone please confirm.

4 replies

Hi @fsupriya3,

Variables are like datafields:

You use your context browser to create a variable. You then can use the set variable step(which is like the actual data field) from the tool menu on the left to select your created variable and pass or set data into it (it sets the data into your variable). You can then use the variable for stuff like putting it in an email step, transfering data to and from forms, etc.

Hope this helps :)

Kind Regards

Prineel

Hi Prineel,

Thanks for your help.

Can we create the variables directly on this context level and use wherever it is needed because in K2 five we don’t have any concept of process and activity datafields/variables.

Regards,

Supriya

Hi @fsupriya3,

Yes, using the add button is how you create variables (sorry I didn’t mention that). I will attach some basic workflow PDF documents to assist you, but if you have any questions dont hesitate to ask :)

Kind Regards

Prineel

Hi Prineel

I think the question is more related to activity level vs process level.

I am also at a crossroads where the developed code is looking for activity level datafields?

But seems like in K2 Five there is only process level datafields?

Can anyone confirm this?

If so how do I reference activity data fields.

regards,

Willie