K2 Five User Task

• 18 February 2021
  • 10 replies

Hi,

As per my understanding, Client event of K2 4.7 is equivalent to User Task in K2 Five. But is it mandatory to use decision box with user task if we have more than 1 response. Kindly, suggest.

Also, in K2 4.7 with activity we have one property called Configure outcomes whereas in K2 five I don’t find any relevant. Not sure if it is equivalent to the Task Result Tree property of K2 five.

Regards,

Supriya

10 replies

Hi @fsupriya3,

1. You do have to use the decision step if you have more than one response:
    I have a Task step with 2 responses that can either be approved or rejected. I used the decision step to send out different emails depending on the outcome of the task step
    1. Im not entirely sure about the configure outcome property, but I think you are reffering the task result rule which is found in the task ste:

Kind Regards

Prineel

Hi fsupriya3,

In addition you may checkout the link below for more details on Task Result Rule tab

https://help.nintex.com/en-US/k2five/userguide/5.4/default.htm#K2-Workflow-Designer/Use/Toolbox/Basic/Task/TaskTabs/05TaskResultRule/Task-Result-Rule-Tab.htm?TocPath=Create%257CWorkflows%257CUsing%2520the%2520K2%2520Workflow%2520Designer%257CToolbox%257CBasic%257CTask%257CTask%2520Result%2520Rule%257C_____0

Should you feel that this post is of use and or an accurate solution to the raised question, I kindly encourage you to mark it as such 
using the 'Best Answer', 'Like' andor ‘Me Too’ options.

Cheers,
Kate

K2 will not accept any liability for any issues arising from actions taken in respect of the information provided by any forum member.

Hi Prineel/Kate,

Thanks for your response.

But with new tool how this functionality can be implemented because I don’t find this logical function and rules. Can you please suggest.

Thanks and Regards,

Supriya

Hi @fsupriya3,

Im not entirely sure how that works, perhaps you can elaborate on your scenario/ what you need your workflow to do then we can help with the logic with the K2 Five Workflow.

Kind Regards

Prineel

Hi Prineel,

Sure, I will share the scenario.

By that time can you please confirm if we can use same 4.7 workflow name for newly developed K2 Five workflow on management screen.

Thanks and Regards,

Supriya 

Hi @fsupriya3,

You can create new Workflows in K2 Designer with the same name as long as they are in different categories (if there is already an existing Workflow with the same name in your category then you cannot create a new one with the same name).

Kind Regards

Prineel 

Hi Prineel,

So, in this case if we want to add a new K2 Five workflow process under same category visible on Management screen for old 4.7 workflows. How this can be done because the old 4.7 workflows are not visible on K2 Designer may be because those are created in Visual Studio. Following is the screenshot.

Kindly, suggest. 

Regards,

Supriya

Hi @fsupriya3,

If it is not in Designer, then I dont think it is possible to move it to the category that you want to move it to, there is one thing that you can try though. In Management go to the workflow that you want to move and under “Process Details”, click the Versions tab and see if there is a version that you can download, if there is then download it and then go back to designer (refresh designer) and see if it is there.

Kind Regards

Prineel

Hi Prineel,

I am able to download the latest version for K2 Five developed workflow. However, I am not sure how I can get the K2 Five workflow moved to same category where we have our old 4.7 workflow.

Could you please suggest on it.

Regards,

Supriya

Hi @fsupriya3,

Since the 4.7 Workflows are saved in K2 studio and K2 FIve Workflows are saved in the K2 Designer, I don’t think it is possible to move them into the same category in K2 management.

Kind Regards

Prineel