K2 Five System SmartObjects - Documentation?

• 7 April 2022
  • 3 replies

I recently discovered the System SmartObjects folder in the K2 Context Browser.

I am very interested in these functionalities but I am unable to find documentation on what methods/functionalities each of these SmartObjects in the System Folder can do.

Please direct me to exactly where I can find this documentation. For example, what does the Dropdown method do, in the ProcessInstanceInfo SmartObject?

22601i0BF507A25984F30D.png

22602iB7BA4751581DD983.png

3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +11

Hello,

For SmartObjects categorized inside the System folder, we have never actually documented those as they are used by the underlying K2 engine for internal use in the system. They are visible in the list, but currently, the only SmartObjects and Service Types that would have documentation in the product guides would be external to that category and may appear in the Advanced SmartObjects topic.

Regards,

Jason

In regards to the Process Instance Info SmartObject, I've used this before to stop workflow instances. I created a workflow which accepted the Process ID and removed the workflow instance entirely.

For this particular SmartObject make sure you have the correct rights against the workflow. There is no room for error with some of the system smartobjects, so be careful!

In terms of documentation, I cannot recall where I got the information from. May have been on this forum or via support.

Hi

Here is the SmartObject overview documentation, you can drill down to the specific topic within smart objects that you are looking for
https://help.nintex.com/en-US/k2blackpearl/userguide/4.6.11/Reference_-_K2_SmartObject_Principles.html