K2 Five OData API

• 28 February 2018
  • 7 replies

I'm running into an error on my K2 Five Management.
The steps to reproduce it are the following : K2 Management -> APIs -> SmartObject OData, and select one SmartObject.
The error occurs when I click on "apply changes" button.  
Error message: "Could not refresh services, try again?"

And when I try to see the xml generated by the OData url from the browser it's empty:

<workspace>
<atom:title type="text">Default</atom:title>
</workspace>

Any help would be appreciated.

7 replies

Badge +5

Hi Stramar,

If you are on K2 Five 5.0001.1000.0, please try updating to K2 Five 5.0001.1000.1 as I have reproduced this issue in both versions but only encountered the same issue on K2 Five 5.0001.1000.0

If you are already in K2 Five 5.0001.1000.1 and still experiencing this issue, please try applying K2 Five FixPack 11.

Best regards,

Abraham.

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi,

Out of curiousity, are there any error messages from Chrome Dev tool/IE F12 developer console tab?

You can try to add the api/odata/op/refresh to the end of k2 site URL (i.e. https://k2.denallix.com/api/odata/op/refresh) and force the refresh. Does it work?

I've upgraded to K2 Five 5,0001.1000.1 and it does not work.
I tried the refresh url and get this: {"Message": "An error has occurred."}
I can only try to install the hotfixes

Badge +5

I have been presented with the same issue on my environment. there are two ways in which you can resolve this.

One

Apply latest FixPack on your environment, this resolved the issue on my side, i have also noticed that this issue becomes present when using an upgrading K2 installation pack instead of the manual installation or clean installation of K2 Five.

Two

If the K2 Service account is separate from the K2 Application Pool Account (i.e. DENALLIXK2Service and DENALLIXK2WebService); the K2 Application Pool account will also need to be a part of the 'API Administrators'

This means that you need add K2 Service account in K2 Application Pool account, that should resolve the issue as well. Below is how to do it.

Open IIS Manager and locate to Application Pools

Look for K2, K2 smartforms and K2_net4

Right click to each of these and choose 'Advanced Settings'

Look fo 'Identity' and click on the right column ellipsis 

Add the K2 Service account

Best regards,

Abraham.

Badge +4

Hi, i've same problem with K2 Five 5.0001.1000.1.

Did you find a solution?

Regards

Daniele

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi Daniele,

Have you applied the the latest fixed pack for the K2 Five?

Could you manually refresh the url (http(s)://k2_site_name/api/odata/op/refresh)?

Badge +4

Thank you very much Khanh. The refresh link solved my issue. Should be added of coourse to the K2 User Guide.

Best regards

Daniele