K2 Drop Down control contents

• 1 September 2022
  • 2 replies

Hi all,

I've currently got a drop-down list on a form that I'd like to display calculated values instead of direct fields from a smartobject.

To provide a bit more information, the drop-down currently displays total quantities of stock, but I need it to display (Total Stock - On Order Stock) to give a true reading of our available stock for selected items.

Any responses greatly appreciated,

Thanks

2 replies

If the source of your data is a database, you could use a view or stored procedure to create a calculated field to display in the drop down.

Badge +3
As DavidL2 said, values need to come from the smart object (i.e. source) to be able to display them in the drop down list.

If you don't have control over the source and cannot have these calculations provided to you, what you could do is to perform the calculation via an expression and display this alongside the drop down control. The calculated result would only calculate for the drop down item you select (and not for all items whilst the drop down is open, so I don't think this would be your preferred solution - but it is something if you can't change what values are provided from source.