Solved

K2 Core Installation failure and No realm entries found for Designer & Management

Badge +3

Hi Friends, I have upgraded my K2 Development server from 5.3 to 5.5 and when I applying the CU FP, got the K2 Core Installation error.

26769i455CD6C74E368249.png

Based on the error, i verified that VS 2015 C++ is installed in my server.

And I'm not able to access Designer/Management whatever, getting the errors i have attached.

26770iB36952E0ECBB8306.png

I checked this article https://community.nintex.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Unable-to-open-K2-sites-No-realms-for-SmartForms-Designer/ta-p/204933 at everything is fine as per this.

Can i have a resolution, please let me know if you need more details.

icon

Best answer by KimberlyL 18 October 2022, 08:20

View original

11 replies

There is a "collapse" feature in Bootstrap that can be used to hide a section of content, and BS also offers ways to toggle that section on or off by clicking a button. I did a quick search online for "Bootstrap 3 collapse on mobile" that led to a couple of examples showing how this could be set up:
https://codepen.io/glebkema/pen/xryaKK
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/28086811/collapse-div-only-on-mobile-view-bootstrap-3

https://shardblades.com/collections/carbon-steel-blade

Badge +3

Now, I'm getting No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it 1***.***.**:5555

for Management and Designer and i could see port 5555 is allowed in the inbound rules.

Host server logs:

"246539005","2022-10-17 14:42:58","Error","General","0","ErrorMessage","SourceCode.Hosting.Server.Runtime.HostLoadBalancedServerManager.Poll","0 System.Exception: Error (0) . ---> System.Net.WebException: Unable to connect to the remote server ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it 12.11.1.1.1.:5560
at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.InternalEndConnect(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.EndConnect(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
at System.Net.ServicePoint.ConnectSocketInternal(Boolean connectFailure, Socket s4, Socket s6, Socket& socket, IPAddress& address, ConnectSocketState state, IAsyncResult asyncResult, Exception& exception)
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.EndGetResponse(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
at RestSharp.Http.GetRawResponseAsync(IAsyncResult result, Action`1 callback)
at RestSharp.Http.ResponseCallback(IAsyncResult result, Action`1 callback)
at SourceCode.Configuration.Client.Extensions.RestClientExtensions.<ExecuteAndEnsure>d__1`1.MoveNext()
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
at SourceCode.Configuration.Client.Helpers.AsyncHelper.RunAsSync[t](Func`1 func)
at SourceCode.Hosting.Server.Runtime.HostLoadBalancedServerManager.Poll()","system","127.0.0.1","EPILK2:C:Program Files (x86)K2 blackpearlHost ServerBin","246539005","d330978cfddb46b59c2e9577d95c6d3d",""
"246539095","2022-10-17 14:42:58","Error","System","2001","ServerStartError","SourceCode.Hosting.Server.Runtime.HostServerEngine.StartHostServer","2001 Error Starting Host Server: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at SourceCode.Sync.RuntimeMarshal.SecurityLabelConnector.Init(IServiceMarshalling serviceMarshalling, IServerMarshaling serverMarshaling)
at SourceCode.Hosting.Server.Runtime.HostServerEngine.EnrollHostableTypeInstance(IHostableType HostableTypeInstance)
at SourceCode.Hosting.Server.Runtime.HostTypeLoader.InitAndEnrollHostableType(String HostedTypeName, String InterfaceName)
at SourceCode.Hosting.Server.Runtime.HostTypeLoader.InitAndEnrollHostableTypes(String InterfaceName)
at SourceCode.Hosting.Server.Runtime.HostServerEngine.StartHostServer()","system","172.16.82.53","EPILK2:C:Program Files (x86)K2 blackpearlHost ServerBin","246539095","aacea6b80e234e6e8cdb6cb65977aeb3",""
"246539096","2022-10-17 14:43:55","Error","General","0","ErrorMessage","SourceCode.Hosting.Server.Runtime.HostLoadBalancedServerManager.Poll","0 System.Exception: Error (0) . ---> System.Net.WebException: Unable to connect to the remote server ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it 12.1.1.1.1.1:5560
at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.InternalEndConnect(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.EndConnect(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
at System.Net.ServicePoint.ConnectSocketInternal(Boolean connectFailure, Socket s4, Socket s6, Socket& socket, IPAddress& address, ConnectSocketState state, IAsyncResult asyncResult, Exception& exception)
at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.EndGetResponse(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
at RestSharp.Http.GetRawResponseAsync(IAsyncResult result, Action`1 callback)
at RestSharp.Http.ResponseCallback(IAsyncResult result, Action`1 callback)

Userlevel 1
Badge +8

I would suggest checking if the K2 Configuration Service is running in Windows Services as the K2 Server service has a dependency on it in order to start. If it fails to start, you can run the K2 Configuration Service in console mode by running the following executable: [K2 Install Path]SourceCode.Configuration.Api SourceCode.Configuration.Api.exe. The log file can be found in [K2 Install Path]SourceCode.Configuration.ApiLogs.

Badge +3

Hi @KimberlyL 

I could see that the K2 Configuration Service is running state in Services but still same issue.

Adding to this, While I'm upgrading to K2 5.3 to 5.5 i got the K2 Core Installation error as well, will it crash the software ?

Do you recommend any way to trace down the actual issue happening. FYI, Smart Object Tester tool also throwing same error

Userlevel 1
Badge +8

The K2 core installation health error (Target failed to execute: Redist_VS2015_C++_64) should not cause the failure to start the service. If you have installed a newer version of the Redistributable, then you will not be allowed to install the older version ‘Redist_VS2015_C++_64’ which is included in the installer.

The error seen when starting the K2 service is usually related to the certificates. You can perform these steps to check on the certificates:

1. Run the CertificateManager.exe from [K2 Install Path]K2SetupCertificateManager.exe.
2. Enter 'V' to validate the certificates. Do not run any of the other options.

3. Press Enter when prompted to provide a value for the connection string.

4. The CertificateManager.exe should show an error in red if any of the certificates are not in a valid state. Otherwise, everything should show as green. 

Badge +3

Hi @KimberlyL 

I ran the same, everything came in green colour only.

Userlevel 1
Badge +8

I think it's best you log a support ticket to look into this further. Do attach the InstallerTrace logs and provide details of the issue on the ticket. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +7
I noticed a strange IP address in the log message:

"No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it 12.11.1.1.1.:5560"

I encountered a similar message, only with the correct IP, when I had a SQL client alias on the server and K2 configured to it. K2 Configuration Service seems to fail on them occasionally. I had to edit the connection string in SourceCode.Configuration.Api.dll.config, to put the actual SQL server name in there, not the SQL alias.
Badge +3
I have masked the IP address of the server and the port number.

I tried searching for the SourceCode.Configuration.Api.dll.config file in the path C:Program Files (x86)K2 blackpearlSetup but there is no .Api.dll but other files are available.
Userlevel 2
Badge +7
I think masking the internal IP is unnecessary here, but it's your choice.
Otherwise, you can find the config file in the "C:Program Files (x86)K2 blackpearlSourceCode.Configuration.Api" folder.
Have you tried running the K2 Configuration Service as a console application, and see if there is anything in the log directory as @KimberlyL mentioned? I'd also be inclined to think there's something wrong with the K2 Configuration Service, even though you see it as running, and because of it the K2 Service can't run, and then you get the "No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it 1***.***.**:5555" message in K2 Management and K2 Designer.
Badge +3

Thanks for the input guys, the issue has been fixed with the help of Nintex support.