K2 Core Installation Health:5555 port error

• 8 February 2018
  • 4 replies

When I install K2 Five,Configuration analysis show me:

No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it 10.1.XXX.XXx:5555

the vm firewall is turn off,and the K2 server in the service is running

4 replies

Badge +5

Hello,

Can you run the following from a PowerShell prompt on that K2 server to validate connectivity:

Test-NetConnection 10.1.XXX.XXX -Port 5555

Also, if you restart the K2 service do you see any errors in the Application event logs on the K2 server?  I'm wondering if the K2 service is running but not fully functioning properly.

Thanks,

Jimmy

Hello Jimmy,

Thank you for your reply.

Test-NetConnection 10.1.XXX.XXX -Port 5555

TcpTestSucceeded is true.

The Application event logs is the K2EtwEventing or the InstallerTrace file ?

Badge +5

Hello,

I mean the Application logs in the Windows Event Viewer.  It should look similar to the image I included on this post.

Any errors generated by K2 will show up there by default and it's easier to sort through and filter when compared to the host server log files.  I would restart the K2 service and see if any new errors get generated around that time as it may provide some additional insight into the issue.  Also, if you click on that item int he Configuration Analysis and click Analyze in the toolbar it should force it to retry the connection test again.  If there aren't any errors detected when the service is starting I would do that next and see if anything shows up in the event viewer.

Thanks,

Jimmy

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi,

Just out of curiousity, are you using the K2 Five Developer license? Dev license requires to run K2 Console all the time.

There is a known issue with .Net framework 4.7.1 (http://help.k2.com/kb002137). If you run into this, then i would recommend getting the latest fixed pack.