K2 Client Tools - Unable to connect to Database

• 8 October 2021
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +16

I'm upgrading v5.3 to v5.4 and trying to install the v5.4 Client Tools from a PC.

I can connect via SQL management studio to the K2 DB using SQL credentials, but when connecting to an existing environments from K2 Setup Manager (from a PC), its saying:

Unable to connect to Database

Connection failed: could not connect to SQL server. error -26

Is this a firewall issue? DO i need extra ports opening up?

I can connect via SQL so assumed setup manager would be ok via a PC needing client tools.

Any ideas?

Thanks

2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +10

Hi,

Perhaps you can try using K2 service account to install the K2 thick client tools on your machine. Installing account needs full right on the K2 database as it needs to read/update Configuration table.

https://help.nintex.com/en-US/k2five/icg/5.4/default.htm#Plan/Required-Permissions.htm?TocPath=Prepare%257CAccounts%2520and%2520Permissions%257C_____2

Userlevel 3
Badge +16

Got it installed, problem was when you select "connect to existing environment" which you think is the obvious option, simply does not work. Even though it has the connect server name and ports it fails.

Had to select "manual environment" and entered the same ports and server name as above and it installed studio fine and opens...