Solved

K2 5.4 consumes all memory on server and then crashes

• 16 December 2020
  • 5 replies

Hi All,

I am running into an issue with a K2 5.4 setup that weekly consumes all 16 gig then proceeds to consume up to 30 gig of the page file on the server and then promptly crashes. 

After a restart the server runs fine for a couple of day (about a week) and then crashes again.

Host server logging isn’t showing any errors that are uncommon or give any indication why its using so much memory.

Any suggestion would be very helpful.

icon

Best answer by kateV1 5 January 2021, 08:56

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Can you see if there are any “running” process instances that never seem to end? Maybe something is stuck in an infinite loop?

tbyrne777 wrote:

Can you see if there are any “running” process instances that never seem to end? Maybe something is stuck in an infinite loop?

I have been monitoring the processes and there are none stuck in a running state (status 1), the average duration for initial running state is about 2.5 seconds at process start. 

Does anybody now how to use K2 performance counters in perfmon? I add them but they don’t work

With Nintex buying K2 none of the links to KB articles work at all.

Badge +6

Check if your K2 database and K2 blackserver is in the same box.

if it yes, please try to set Maximum Server Memory in SQL server database.

As the default SQL Server will allocate up to 2 Petabyte of server memory.

Hi Hwagener,

you can also check if  you are using a lot of dynamic roles in your environment.

SELECT * FROM [Identity].[Identity] WHERE [Type] = 2 AND [Dynamic] = 1

Do note that if you have every role configured to be dynamic, then this will affect K2 performance as roles are being constantly resolve. By default, K2 automatically refreshes the roles and the items in it on an interval every 8 hours.

Should you feel that this post is of use and or an accurate solution to the raised question, I kindly encourage you to mark it as such 

using the 'Best Answer', 'Like' andor ‘Me Too’ options.

Cheers,
Kate

K2 will not accept any liability for any issues arising from actions taken in respect of the information provided by any forum member.

I know this is many months down the line but this was essentially the cause of the issue, use groups where constantly being resolved so we set the update time to the end of the year and would manually resolve groups on a monthly basis.