K2 5.1 - What is the correct way to update a smart object and associated views etc??

• 18 June 2018
  • 3 replies

Badge +9

Scenario:

- I have a database containing a stored procedure which retrieves a list of records from a table

- A smart object has been created based on the stored procedure. Views have been created based on the smart object

- The stored procedure is updated, adding a column and changing some others

Question:

What is the correct process to go through to update the smart objet and the associated views so that the new columns are brought in, and changed columns are updated?

Thanks in advance for any assistance

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi,

I would start by making a back up of the original stored procedure first. First thing is to refresh the SQL service instance so K2 can pick up the new change in the stored procedure (it can be done from K2 Management site's Service instance section). The next step is to refresh the SmartObject, this will depend on the type of SmartObject. If the SmartObject is an advanced SmartBox SmartObject with custom method and SmartObject assocations, then SmartObject's method will need to be re-created. After this, you should be able to re-reference the view's rules.

Badge +9

Hi Khanh, thanks for getting back to me!

I have been able to refresh the service instance through the k2 Management site - thanks

Can you elaborate on how to refresh a smartobject? The smart object I have created is an advanced smartobject, which I have created by dragging the stored procedure, but I not seeing an option to "refresh smartobject" anywhere?

Please bear with me if I am asking simple questions - I am new to K2 (well, actually just haven't used K2 for a few years), so I am still learning my way around.

Thanks in advance!

Badge +9

Edit the smartobject and go through the same steps when you first created it.