Issues with font color changing

• 12 December 2019
  • 4 replies

Hey all,

I'm fairly new to K2 so please forgive me if this is a basic question. I'm working on some proof-of-concepts for my University and I'm running into issues where when the form is run, the font color is different from the color that I set in the design. I'm trying to set black font on a white background, but when we run the form the font appears as a medium to lightish grey. My major concern with this is accessibility. I'm part color blind so it takes me a moment to recongize the text. To my insitution grey on white is not a good combo, but I am having issues in finding what is causing the font to change like this. I tried different themes and all of them did the same thing.

Does anyone know what might be causing this?

Update: I changed the background in one of the cells from white to black and this happens:

17194i5BDA33BCCD2C2193.jpg

4 replies

Hello Emmon,

Is there a Custom Theme we are using on this Form? Sometimes custom themes substitute the out of the box colors for different colors. Let's go ahead and just run the View instead of the form and check to see if the Font Color is black or the light grey.

Currently I am using the Burgundy theme. I've also tried the others. I don't think we're currently allowing custom themes. When I go to the form properties, I can change the theme, page backgorund color and image, and the form padding and backgorund color, but it does not allow me to change any font related properties. I can only do that in the view.

When I run just the view, I get the same thing.

Good day  @EmmonJohnson 

Do you have update 8 according to the following?

Understanding the impact of the new SmartForms Text Styles: https://help.k2.com/kb003071.

Best,

Sunrise

@Sunrise, I do think we have update 8. I think the issue I am encounter is with the styles in the view. I've been playing with them and noticed that the font is changing color when I go from normal to description. I'll look thru that article in more detail! Thanks for the link.